The South Australian Dairyfarmers' Association is a member of Australian Dairy Farmers Limited (ADF). Australian Dairy Farmers is the national policy and advocacy body providing collective representation for dairy farmers in Australia.
Policy Advisory Groups (PAGs) established by ADF play a key role in setting advocacy objectives and driving policy formulation. SADA has members on each of the PAGs which cover the areas of:
- Animal health and welfare - Sharon Joppich
- Farming systems and herd improvement - Gary Zweck
- Markets, trade and value chain - Rick Gladigau
- Natural resources - Warren Jacobs
- People and human capacity - tba
SADA is a founding member of Primary Producers SA. Primary Producers SA (PPSA) is a coalition of peak bodies representing primary producers in South Australia.
The purpose of PPSA is:
- To vigorously represent the interests and concerns of primary producers to government and the community;
- To present one voice to government and the wider community on cross-commodity issues affecting primary producers in South Australia;
- To promote the importance of primary production in South Australia and ensure that the contributions and achievements of primary producers are acknowledged and appreciated; and
- To work with and assist stakeholders and suppliers to primary production where such assistance will ultimately benefit primary producers
Through both ADF and PPSA, SADA has direct engagement with the National Farmers Federation (NFF) which is the peak national body representing farmers and agriculture across Australia.