Water Allocation Plan Update - upcoming events
The Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board have announced a process to evaluate the Western and Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges Water Allocation Plans and we want to hear from growers, community members and industry representatives. How have the current rules and policies worked for you? What could be improved?
There are a number of options to be part of the evaluation work this year, we really encourage everyone to:
- Fill in the survey. The survey will take about 15-20 minutes. Complete this survey by 30th September to go into the draw for one of three vouchers worth $150. Complete it online here.
- Attend and upcoming Drop-In Session. The Board is holding six sessions across the region - drop in anytime from 2pm to 7pm
- Mount Compass Memorial Hall - Monday 21st August 2023
- Inman Valley Community & Memorial Hall - Thursday 24th August 2023
- Macclesfield Institute - Tuesday 29th August 2023
- Woodside Hall - Friday 1st September 2023
- Gumeracha Town Hall - Wednesday 6th September 2023
- Mount Barker Town Hall - Friday 8th September 2023
There’s no need to book in to attend a Drop-In Session, but if you would like a focussed one-on-one conversation about a particular query, you can pre-book a 30 minute chat with one of the team or contact them by email HFWaterTeam@sa.gov.au or by phone 08 8391 7500.
How are our water resources tracking?
The review team at the Landscape Board has compiled Catchment Summaries which bring together data on rainfall, water resources, allocation and usage, and environmental trends. These can be found in hardcopy at the Drop-In Sessions, or you can view them on the website.
The consultation will set the direction for the amendment process commencing next year (2024), continuing for around two years. During the amendment process there will be time to test and explore new policies, with local communities and industries having a key role in this.
The South Australian Dairyfarmers Association recognises the importance of water and surety regarding its allocation. We encourage all interested members to discuss the WAP review process with us.